The Degree Program in Foreign Languages and Literatures has a limited access.
In order to enroll, students must pass a selection.
Applications are open from 6 July 2020 (8 am) to 4 September 2020 (12 am).
You can apply for the selection test even if not having obtained the High School Diploma yet.
430 places for EU and equated non EU citizens
25 places for non EU citizens residing abroad and applying for VISA (5 reserved to Marco Polo Project candidates)
How to sign up to the admission test
- In order to sign up you will be asked to insert details about your Health Insurance card (tessera sanitaria) and your tax code (codice fiscale)
- You will have to upload a scanned copy of your Identity Document and a passport-sized photograph
- Once you entered your personal area, please select “Secretariat” and then “Admission Test”
- Once you have completed the registration, a receipt of registration to the admission test with a unique number will be available
- Please remember to insert your High school final grade by 4 September 2020 (in the menu, at the State Exams section)
- For EU citizens and non EU equated citizens
The ranking list will be based on the score of each candidate resulting from the sum of the followings:
- High school final exam mark expressed in hundredths. The final mark 100 cum laude equals 103.
- Final Italian Language mark of the last High school year (expressed in tenths).
- Final Foreign Language mark of the last High school year (expressed in tenths). If more foreign languages are included in the High School teaching, the student can choose which final foreign language mark declare.
As for the final High School exam mark, we will proceed as follows:
- If the final mark is not expressed in hundredths, it will be converted into hundredths on the basis of minimum and maximum grade
- If the final mark is expressed only with an evaluation, it will be converted into hundredths on the basis of minimum and maximum grade
- If the final exam is not accompanied by any mark or evaluation, on the admission test online procedure the candidate will have to enter the average of the last year marks that will be converted into hundredths. The average calculation will include only those subjects with a numerical assessment.
Candidates obtaining a score inferior to 76 will not included in the ranking list.
In case of equality of High school final exam mark, the application submitted before will prevail.
- Non EU citizens residing abroad and applying for VISA
These candidates will have to attend an online interview based on:
- Curriculum vitae (up to 10 points)
- Italian comprehension test (up to 10 points).
Ranking list and ranking scroll
How to enroll
Further formative obligations
- EU citizens and equated non EU citizens
a) Successful candidates with a score equal or superior to 86 will have no Additional learning requirements.
b) Successful candidates with a score between 85 and 76 will have to provide for additional learning requirements (OFA).
In compliance with the University Guidelines on Covid 19 Health Emergency, for the additional learning requirements an online course with final assessment will be organized on Microsoft Teams platform at the beginning of the academic year, and other study opportunities will be guaranteed on line or in presence if possible during the first year of the study programme. Students will have to attend at least the 80% of total hours and pass the final test.
The additional learning requirements shall focus on Italian grammatical, syntactic and textual knowledge and on Italian text comprehension of different types for vocabulary and styles.
- Non EU citizens residing abroad applying for VISA
Those candidates obtaining a score inferior to 12 at the interview will have to provide for the additional learning requirements (OFA) with the above mentioned procedure.
Those students not providing for OFA by a.y. 2020/2021 won’t be able to attend the exams of second and third year in the a.y. 2020/2021 and no other exam in a.y. 2021/2022.
Please find out more about study programmes and career opportunities at Degree Program web page.