The Degree Program in Engineering for the industrial design has a limited access.
In order to enroll, students must pass a selection.
Applications can be now submitted for the academic year 2021/2022.
Please check the relevant call for application and all the information about the a.y. 2021/2022 below.
50 places for EU and equated non EU citizens
4 places for non EU citizens residing abroad and applying for VISA (1 reserved to Marco Polo Project candidates)
How to sign up to the admission test
- In order to sign up you will be asked to insert details about your Health Insurance card (tessera sanitaria) and your tax code (codice fiscale)
- You will have to upload a scanned copy of your Identity Document and a passport-sized photograph
- Once you entered your personal area, please select “Secretariat” and then “Admission Test”
- Once you have completed the registration, a receipt of registration to the admission test with a unique number will be available
- Please remember to insert your High school final grade by the admission exam registration deadline (in the menu, at the State Exams section)
- For EU citizens and non EU equated citizens
The ranking list will be based on the High School final exam mark.
In case of equality, candidates will prevail under the following order:
- Higher math mark in the High School last year (expressed in tenths);
- Higher math mark in the High School second last year (expressed in tenths);
- Higher math mark in the High School third last year (expressed in tenths);
- Application to admission test submitted before.
For the first session only, the ranking list will include those candidates with a High School final exam mark of 80/100.
As for the final High School exam mark, we will proceed as follows:
- If the final mark is not expressed in hundredths, it will be converted into hundredths on the basis of minimum and maximum grade;
- If the final mark is expressed only with an evaluation, it will be converted into hundredths on the basis of minimum and maximum grade;
- If the final exam is not accompanied by any mark or evaluation, on the admission test online procedure the candidate will have to enter the average of the last year marks that will be converted into hundredths. The average calculation will include only those subjects with a numerical assessment.
- Non EU citizens residing abroad and applying for VISA
These candidates will be accepted in order of application submission.
Ranking list and ranking scroll
Enrollment procedure is detailed in the How to enroll section
How to enroll
Deadlines are included in the ranking list.
Additional learning requirements
The initial skills assessment and the possibility of additional learning requirement (OFA) will be decided in accordance with Regolamento sull’accesso agli studi ai Corsi di Laurea coordinati dalla Scuola di Ingegneria dell’Università di Pisa.
Specifically, to enroll without OFA students must attend on online evaluation test provided by CISIA and named TOLC-I test or TOLC@CASA, obtaining a score not inferior to 8/20 in the math section.
The TOLC-I test includes, besides Math, Logic, comprehension, Science and English that are not decisive for OFA purposes. We recommend students to take all the test sections that will help for self-evaluation and find specific skill gaps.
A successful test outcome allows the enrollment without Additional Learning Requirements (Obblighi Formativi Aggiuntivi – OFA). If enrolling in a first-level (three-year) Engineering programme without a successful TOLC-I outcome, candidates will be allowed to attend recovery courses and take a subsequent test called TIT (Test Interno Telematico), which will take place before the first term starts (please see the current Academic Calendar).
Therefore, if failing a TOLC-I test, the School of Engineering provides a recovery 10-lesson Mathematics course called “Precorso di Matematica” which will be held before the TIT.
If failing the TOLC-I or the TIT, candidates will still be allowed to enroll, but will be assigned with the Additional Learning Requirements (Obblighi Formativi Aggiuntivi – OFA) and cannot take any Degree Programme exam before their fulfilment.
OFAs can be fulfilled passing a subsequent TOLC-I (in the scheduled venues and sessions – CISIA Consortium) or passing one of the recovery tests (TIT) provided for by the Regulations on the Admission to the Degree Programmes of the School of Engineering of the University of Pisa.
Enrolled students with OFAs must satisfy them in order to take second-year exams in the A.Y. 2022-2023. OFAs can be satisfied taking part in the TOLC-I provided by CISIA, also in TOLC@CASA mode, and obtaining a minimum score of 8/20 in the mathematics section, or passing an exam in the Scientific Disciplinary Areas of Mathematics or Physics, of the Degree Programmes included in the School of Engineering. In the event of exams taken in other Degree Programmes, the OFAs’ satisfaction will be assessed by the relevant Degree Programme council.
Please find more details about study programmes and career opportunities at Degree Program web page.