The admission test is for Biotechnology and Biological sciences.
The call for the academic year 2022/2023 has been published.
67 places for EU and equated non EU citizens (5 reserved to students of Sant’Anna School of Advanced Studies and 4 reserved to the Scuola Normale Superiore in Pisa)
8 places for non EU citizens residing abroad and applying for VISA (2 reserved to Marco Polo Project candidates)
338 places for EU and equated non EU citizens (8 reserved to the Scuola Normale Superiore in Pisa)
12 places for non EU citizens residing abroad and applying for VISA (4 reserved to Marco Polo Project candidates)
How to sign up to the admission test
Sign up or log in to the Alice portal by 25 August 2022 at 12:00 noon:
- In order to sign up you will be asked to insert details about your Health Insurance card (tessera sanitaria) and your tax code (codice fiscale)
- You will have to upload a scanned copy of your Identity Document and a passport-sized photograph
- Once you entered your personal area, please select “Secretariat” and then “Admission Test”
- Once you have completed the registration, a receipt of registration to the admission test with a unique number will be available
Admission test fee
- The admission test fee of €30 must be paid by 25 August 2022
- You can find it in the Tax section on the Alice portal
- If the payment has not been processed, it will not be possible to take part to the selection, please see all the details
Date and time: 7 September 2022 at 10 am
Place: Parco Migliarino, San Rossore, Massaciuccoli, Località Cascine Vecchie 1 – Pisa – Ippodromo di San Rossore
Documents to bring to the test
1. valid identity document;
2. entry form- composed by 2 pages. The form is sent by email from 30 August 2022. Alternatively, it can be downloaded from the portal test d’ingresso (use the Alice portal login and password).
The admission test will be based on the following topics
The test will have 50 multiple choice questions.
Questions will be divided as follows: 20 questions for Basic Mathematics (to be completed in 50 minutes), 10 questions each for Biology, Chemistry and Physics (to be completed in 20 minutes for three disciplines).
The score will be assigned as follows:
- The correct answer earns 1 point
- The incorrect answer removes 0,25 point
- The unanswered question earns 0 points.
The duration of the test is 110 minutes.
In the event of a tied total score, the following prevails, in order
- highest mark in the questions relating to Biology
- highest mark in the Basic Mathematics questions
- highest mark in the Chemistry questions
- highest mark in the Physics questions
In the event of a further tie, the candidate with the youngest age prevails.
Ranking list and ranking scroll
BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES RANKING LIST
BIOTECHNOLOGY RANKING LIST
Selected candidates are deleted from the ranking list of the degree programme for which they expressed lower preference, but remain eligible in the ranking of the degree programme for which they expressed higher preference.
Eligible unselected candidates are not required to apply for the inclusion in the ranking list scroll which is automatic for all eligible candidates.
The enrolment procedure is detailed in the section How to enrol.
At the end of the ranking list scroll, any vacant place will be made available to applicants being eligible for the admission to the same degree programmes of other universities.
How to enroll
Deadlines are included in the ranking list.
Additional learning requirements
Students who do not correctly answer to at least 10 questions in the “Basic Mathematics” module will have to recover the relevant educational gaps as indicated in the following links: