Enrolment in a degree programme without an admission exam a.y. 2017/2018
The Welcome International Students! (WIS!) Enrolment office is at via Buonarroti n. 4 – Pisa and will open on the 27th July 2017.
CLOSED from 7th-22th August, 2017
Registration on the web
Registration consists of entering your personal details into the Alice portal as they are requested: the first required information is your tax code. If the system detects that your tax code exists, this means that you are already registered and you need to therefore recover your user name and password using the option ‘Forgotten your password’. To enter the number assigned to you by the Agenzia delle Entrate, in case there were a situation in which more than one person has the same name, please contact email@example.com
At the end of the procedure, the system will assign you with a user name and you will be able to choose a password.
Choosing the degree programme
You can choose the degree programme after you have finished with the registration procedure. In this case all you need to do is follow the instructions provided. If instead you prefer to choose the degree programme at another moment, you must access the portal by clicking on "Login" and then clicking on the option "Choose a degree programme".
Three options will come up: shorten the length of your study programme (if you already possess a qualification); standard enrolment (if you want to enroll in a single-cycle Bachelor or Master’s degree programme); incoming transfer student (for those coming from another university).
The system will ask you for: a scanned copy of an identity document, a passport photo in electronic format and information about your High School Diploma (year of completion, the school and the grade obtained). The requested documents (in electronic format) must be in jpg, jpeg or pdf format and should not exceed 3MB. The photo must be in a jpg or jpeg format with a resolution of at least 480x480 pixel (and a maximum file size no greater than 2MB). It must be a square photograph, which features your face on a clear background. This image will be used to personalize your university booklet and 'Cartapiù'.
Photographs which will not be accepted
- Do not use panoramic photographs, taken from afar, of your back or where you cannot see your entire face (due to scarves, hats, sunglasses,…)
- The photograph cannot be rotated nor too dark
- Do not use group photos or photos where other people are present
- Do not use drawings nor cartoons
- Do not upload photographs of other peopleWARNING: DOCUMENTS AND PHOTOS THAT DO NOT FUFIL THESE REQUIREMENTS WILL BE REJECTED AND WILL PREVENT THE COMPLETION OF THE ENROLMENT PROCEDURE.Printing the MAV payment document
If you have not applied for a scholarship from the DSU, after 'Choosing a degree programme' you must print the MAV payment document by choosing the label titled 'Tuition Fees' and clicking on the icon which corresponds to the first installment of the 2017/2018 fee, in the column "Print". If instead you prefer to print the MAV at another moment, you can do so as follows:
- Connect to www.studenti.unipi.it, click on "Login" and enter the user name and password that were given to you when you registered.
- Select the label "Tuition fee"
- Click on the icon which corresponds to the first 2017/2018 instalment and which corresponds to the "Print" column. The MAV can be payed at any bank and there is no need to submit the receipt of the paid MAV.Please note: If a student has a disability greater than 66%, s/he is exempt from paying the university tuition fees; however, the student will be responsible for paying the fee for ‘special stamp’ (marca da bollo).When ‘Choosing a degree program’ the student will be asked to upload his/her medical certificate where his/her conditions are declared. Other specific categories foreseen by articles 1.1.2. lett. d) e) and 1.1.3 lett. c) of the Regulation on student contributions (for example, recipients of an Italian government scholarship, winners of competitions, prison inmates) must contact to firstname.lastname@example.org in order to ask for a customized MAV payment document
- Completing the enrolment procedure
- In order to complete the enrolment procedure, you must print the enrolment form (FORIM) and the MAV. You also have to bring in person the following documents:
- Photocopy of a valid ID
- Receipt of payment of the MAV for the first installment of the tuition fees or the receipt of your application to a DSU scholarship in case you meet the necessary criteria. After 2nd October 2017, it will be necessary to attach the MAV payment receipt which must include the penalty fees due to late enrolment.
- Declaration in which you acknowledge your obligation to pay overdue fees and that you understand payment will be enforced (available in the "Forms" section of this website).
- If you have a foreign degree, you must submit the diploma in its original version or an authenticated copy, legalized (or with an "apostille"). This document must be officially translated into Italian and validated by the Italian authorities in your country. The Italian authorities will then issue a Declaration of Value certifying the number of years you studied in your country. You must have at least 12 years of schooling in order to be considered for admission into the University. If you are a minor, you must complete the FORIM form which must also include the signature of a parent/legal guardian and photocopy of an ID of the same person.
If you are a foreign student, contact WIS! (Welcome International Students) email: email@example.com
If you complete the enrolment procedure via mail, please keep in mind that it is important to send the forms by 2nd October 2017 (as evidenced by the postmark) in order to avoid a late payment fee regardless of the date of the payment of the first instalment or the study grant application.
You will be able to request detailed information about the degree programmes and about the services offered by the University of Pisa. You will also be able to have free internet access.
If you need to request information about the DSU and study grants you may go to DSU office at Lungarno Pacinotti, 32.
The documents you must send are:
- the printed enrolment form (FORIM), signed
- photocopy of your passport or identification card
- receipt of having already paid the MAV for the first tuition fees or the receipt of your application to a DSU scholarship in case you meet the necessary criteria. After 30th/Sep./2016 it will be necessary to attach the MAV payment receipt of any late fees. This late fee is usually issued about a week after the first installment is due; the MAV of the late fee is available in the section on "Fees" of the Alice portal and- after payment- it is not necessary to send it.
- declaration in which you acknowledge your obligation to pay overdue fees and that payment will be enforced (available in the "Forms" section of this website)
- If you have a foreign degree, you must submit the diploma in its original version or an authenticated copy, legalized (or with an "apostille"). This document must be officially translated into Italian and validated by the Italian authorities in your country. The Italian authorities will then issue a Declaration of Value certifying the number of years you studied in your country. You must have at least 12 years of schooling in order to be considered for admission into the University.
Enrolment in open access degree programmes opens on the 27th July. It is important to pay the MAV by the 2nd October 2017.
You can still enrol after this date, but a late penalty fee will be applied for late enrolment. These fees are as follows:
- € 50,00 until 31st October 2017
- € 100,00 until 30th November 2017
- € 150,00 until 29th December 2017
The MAV for the late penalty fee will be available in the Fees section of the Alice portal, once enrolment has been completed. There is no need to re-submit the receipt of the paid MAV. Candidates who have applied to a degree programme which requires an admission exam (programma a numero chiuso) and have entered the ranking list for admission are excluded from the penalty fee.
Enrolment closes after the 29th December, 2017
If you are an international student, contact the WIS! (Welcome International Students), email: firstname.lastname@example.org