Enrolment in a degree programme without an admission exam a.y. 2016/2017
The Welcome International Students! (WIS!) Enrolment office is at via Buonarroti n. 4, building ‘E’, room PS1 – Pisa and will be open from 27th July until 14th October 2016, Monday through Friday from 9am until noon
CLOSED from 8th-19th August, 2016
Registration on the web
Registration consists in entering your personal details into the Alice portal. When you have finished the system will give you a user name and ask you to choose a password. While you do this, keep your tax code (codice fiscale) and I.D. card handy. Once you have entered your personal details, the system will automatically check the tax code and make sure it is correct: if it turns out to be incorrect, check if other personal details such as place and date of birth are correct. If the system realizes that your tax code already exists, it means that you have already registered. You will have to recover your previous user name and password. To enter the number assigned to you by the Agenzia delle Entrate, in case there were a situation in which more than person has the same name, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Choosing the degree programme
You can choose the degree programme after you have finished with the registration procedure. In this case all you need to do is follow the instructions provided. If instead you prefer to choose the degree programme at another moment, you must access the portal by clicking on "Login" and then clicking on the option "Choose a degree programme".
The system will ask you for a photo in electronic format. It must be a square photograph, which features your face on a clear background. The picture must be in a jpg or jpeg format with a resolution of at least 480x480 pixel (and a file of a dimension no greater than 2Mb). This image will be used to personalize your university booklet and 'Cartapiù'.
Photographs which will not be accepted
- Do not use panoramic photographs, taken from afar, of your back or where you cannot see your entire face (due to scarves, hats, sunglasses,…)
- The photograph cannot be rotated nor too dark
- Do not use group photos or photos where other people are present
- Do not use drawings nor cartoons
- Do not upload photographs of other people
Printing the MAV payment document
If you have not applied for a scholarship from the DSU, after 'Choosing a degree programme' you must print the MAV payment document by choosing the label titled 'Tuition Fees' and clicking on the icon which corresponds to the first installment of the 2016/2017 fee, in the column "Print". If instead you prefer to print the MAV at another moment, you can do so as follows:
- Connect to www.studenti.unipi.it, click on "Login" and enter the user name and password that were given to you when you registered.
- Select the label "Tuition fee"
- Click on the icon which corresponds to the first 2016/2017 fee, in the column "Print". The MAV can be payed at any bank. Please note: If a student has a disability greater than 66%, s/he is exempt from paying the university tuition fees; however, the student will be responsible for paying the fee for ‘special stamp’ (marca da bollo)Other specific categories foreseen by articles 1.1.2. lett. d) e) and 1.1.3 lett. c) of the Regulation on student contributions (for example, recipients of an Italian government scholarship, winners of competitions, prison inmates) must contact to email@example.com in order to ask for a customized MAV payment document.
- Completing the enrolment procedureIn order to complete the enrolment procedure, you must print the enrolment form (FORIM) and the MAV. You also have to bring in person the following documents:
- Photocopy of a valid ID
- Receipt of payment of the MAV for the first installment of the tuition fees or the receipt of your application to a DSU scholarship in case you meet the necessary criteria. After 30th September, 2016 it will be necessary to attach the MAV payment receipt which must include the penalty fees due to late enrolment.
- Declaration in which you acknowledge your obligation to pay overdue fees and that you understand payment will be enforced (available in the "Forms" section of this website).
- If you have a foreign degree, you must submit the diploma in its original version or an authenticated copy, legalized (or with an "apostille"). This document must be officially translated into Italian and validated by the Italian authorities in your country. The Italian authorities will then issue a Declaration of Value certifying the number of years you studied in your country. You must have at least 12 years of schooling in order to be considered for admission into the University. If you are a minor, you must complete the FORIM form which must also include the signature of a parent/legal guardian and photocopy of an ID of the same person. If you intend to complete the enrolment procedure via mail, click on “Where”.
For more information, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you complete the enrolment procedure via mail, please keep in mind that it is important to send the forms by 30th Sept. 2016 (as evidenced by the postmark) in order to avoid a late payment fee regardless of the date of the payment of the first instalment or the study grant application.
You will be able to request detailed information about the degree programmes and about the services offered by the University of Pisa. You will also be able to have free internet access.
If you need to request information about the DSU and study grants you may go to DSU office at Lungarno Pacinotti, 32.
The documents you must send are:
- the printed enrolment form (FORIM), signed
- photocopy of your passport or identification card
- receipt of having already paid the MAV for the first tuition fees or the receipt of your application to a DSU scholarship in case you meet the necessary criteria. After 30th/Sep./2016 it will be necessary to attach the MAV payment receipt of any late fees. This late fee is usually issued about a week after the first installment is due; the MAV of the late fee is available in the section on "Fees" of the Alice portal and- after payment- it is not necessary to send it.
- declaration in which you acknowledge your obligation to pay overdue fees and that payment will be enforced (available in the "Forms" section of this website)
- If you have a foreign degree, you must submit the diploma in its original version or an authenticated copy, legalized (or with an "apostille"). This document must be officially translated into Italian and validated by the Italian authorities in your country. The Italian authorities will then issue a Declaration of Value certifying the number of years you studied in your country. You must have at least 12 years of schooling in order to be considered for admission into the University.
It is important to hand in or send via regular mail (not via fax-nor email) the forms before the 30th September 2016 to not pay the late fee, regardless of the date of the payment of the first instalment or the study grant application.
You can still enrol after this date, but a late penalty fee will be applied for late enrolment. These fees are as follows:
- € 50,00 until 31st October 2016
- € 100,00 until 30th November 2016
- € 150,00 until 2 January 2017
The MAV for the late penalty fee will be available in the Fees section of the Alice portal, once enrolment has been completed. There is no need to re-submit the receipt of the paid MAV. Candidates who have applied to a degree programme which requires an admission exam (programma a numero chiuso) and have entered the waiting list for admission are excluded from the penalty fee.
Enrolment will not be possible after 2nd January, 2017
For more information, please write to email@example.com